Nursing OSCE Exam Review (IENCAP) – Objective:
CNCAPs’ Nursing OSCE Exam Review Course will help you attain the knowledge, skills and competencies to be successful at the IENCAP.
This course is ideal for all who will be taking take the OSCE by the College of Nurses. This includes Canadian and Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN’s).
- The session will familiarize you with the IENCAP / OSCE process through an intense review of cases, clinical scenarios & multiple choice questions.
- In addition to nursing skills, CNCAPs’ OSCE Exam Prep Course will provide you with practice opportunities for therapeutic communication, professionalism, client interactions, ethics, language proficiency and comprehension utilizing standardized patient interviews.
- Multiple Choice Questions, including a review of the rationales, will orient you to legal and ethical nursing standards as defined by CNO.
- Timed practical cases and theory questions will give you a close to real experience of the IENCAP / OSCE , thereby boosting your confidence and time management skills.
- CNCAPs’ OSCE Exam Prep Course gives you an opportunity to receive one-on-one feedback and peer review.
Nursing OSCE Exam Review (IENCAP) – Strategies:
- Introduction to OSCE & IENCAP.
- Strategies to help participants pass the OSCE Exam.
- Mock Exam – Multiple choice questions.
- Mock Exam review and rationales.
- Reviewing interpersonal/therapeutic communication and interview skills.
- Case scenarios (mock) using students as standardized patients.
- Refining time management.
- Additional information & resources for Canadian Nursing Career & OSCE preparation.
This exercise will give each participant an opportunity:
- to perform physical examination
- go through a complete history taking, including health teaching.
- understanding the rationales and strategies for successfully answering the multiple choice questions.