Internationally Educated Nurses – IEN
Effective August 12, 2014, in order to apply to be a nurse in Canada, all Internationally Educated Nurses (IEN) will require their documents and credentials to be submitted and verified by the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS).
Once all your documents are received and an assessment of your international credentials is complete, you will be notified by the NNAS and may then apply to the College of Nurses of Ontario to complete your assessment for eligibility to practise as an RN or RPN in Ontario.
What will this change mean for the international applicant?
- An online process to begin your application to any province in Canada (except Quebec)
- Ability to complete your application online and to pay for your initial assessment online
- One central location to send your documents
- A centralized credential assessment process
- Access to a 1-800 customer care telephone number with service in English or French
- Ability to track the status of your application online through the NNAS website
What if I have already submitted an application to the College of Nurses of Ontario?
If you have already submitted your paid application to the College of Nurses of Ontario, then your application will be assessed under our current process. This will apply to all applications received until the new National Nursing Assessment Service application process is activated on August 12.
More details will be posted on our website in the coming months.
Post content from cno.org. Page last reviewed January 27, 2014
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive:
+ Latest nursing news
+ Updates on nursing programs and courses
+ SPECIAL OFFERS / DISCOUNTS for you & your friends
+ Job Oppertunities